[nsp] Cisco Intrusion Detection System (IDS)

Shalosky, Brian K Mr CONT USAREC Brian.Shalosky at usarec.army.mil
Fri Feb 28 08:39:03 EST 2003

Does anyone have any input on how Cisco's IDS system works?  I've used
several other types of IDS systems but I'd like to try Cisco's to see how it
performs.  I've been rather apprehensive about Cisco software as it usually
isn't that good of a product.  Don't get me wrong, Cisco makes great routers
and switches but when it comes to an Enterprise software package, they come
up short.

So if you have a Cisco IDS system installed or have used one please provide
some input.

Thanks,

Brian Shalosky