[nsp] PIX and LocalDirector performance

Christopher McCrory chrismcc at pricegrabber.com
Tue Jan 7 07:02:50 EST 2003

Hello...

	I'm looking at having to upgrade our existing PIX firewalls and
LocalDirectors this year.  ( along with going from FastEthernet to
GigEthernet).   Looking at our usage and the expected specs from the
Cisco web site, I am no where near the specs but CPU load suggests I am
not far from maxing them both out.

	Does anyone have any real world stats on where the PIX firewalls and
LocalDirector's preformance starts to degrade with respect to new
connections/sec?   Being a web content provider ( vs. downloading large
files), new connection performace is critical.  e.g. lots of tear
up/downs for images, etc.

--
Christopher McCrory

chrismcc@pricegrabber.com