[nsp] persistent dialing

Marcus Keane mkeane at microsoft.com
Thu Jan 9 14:59:29 EST 2003

I assume this is a BRI? If you are worried about the routing protocol
using lots of bandwidth with flooding, adjacency forming etc., you can
configure the routing protocol to never bring up an adjacency. Then all
you have are hellos every 10 or 30 seconds(or whatever you choose).

Or the newer versions of code have GRE keepalive support, so you could
use that to trigger the idle timer by building a bogus tunnel across the
link.

If you don't want to be reliant on user traffic triggering the idle
timer, I'm not sure how many options you have that are operationally
supportable.
Marcus.