[nsp] ipsec and gre on 1751

Bogdan Surdu tim at rdsnet.ro
Tue Jan 21 09:06:45 EST 2003

 Hi,

 I'm trying to encrypt the traffic on a gre tunnel, but I get the
following error when I try to apply the crypto-map on tunnel interface:

router(config-if)#crypto map test-crypto
ERROR: The VIP interface must be configured with cef distributed switching
before enabling encryption. Please configure this interface with cef
distributed and route cache distributed switching then try again.
router(config-if)#

Relevant "sh ver" output..
---
IOS (tm) C1700 Software (C1700-BK8NO3R2SV3Y7-M), Version 12.2(2)XJ, EARLY
DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
TAC Support: http://www.cisco.com/tac

cisco 1751 (MPC860P) processor (revision 0x200) with 55706K/9830K bytes of
memory.
----

Is this a limitation on 1750 series (works on 2600, 3600) or a IOS
bug/feature?

Tim
---
Be different. Think.