[nsp] Re: Newbie Cisco upgrade question, apologies in advance

Alex Rubenstein alex at nac.net
Tue Jul 1 10:02:00 EDT 2003

> We have loads of old 4500 and 4700 boxen lying around that used to be
> deployed in our network, and I can certainly verify that all the NP-FE
> cards we used in them did full-duplex with no problem. And we have quite
> a few.

Agreed. NP-1FE-TX will do full-duplex -- if anyone needs any, I have a
bunch. The 4700 ruled as a router, in its day.

> Not that it really matters, since a 4500/4700 will drop down and beg for
> mercy before you are near filling that interface even at half-duplex...

This is not what we experienced -- we had 4700's filling NP-1HSSI's in
each direction, and still had a little more room. This was, of course,
with CEF enabled.

-- Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex at nac.net, latency, Al Reuben --
--    Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net   --