[nsp] NBAR, Gnutella and 'match protocol http url'

Jim Dueltgen jimd at lmi.net
Wed Jul 2 16:40:00 EDT 2003

Since the 12.2.(15)T1 release we've been getting excellent, reliable
results using NBAR to manage T1 (single and multilink) utilization on
2620s that serve multi-tenant unit buildings.  These apartments
mostly house college students and they hammer the circuit with every
p2p and broadband app in existence.  The built-in PDLMs don't handle
everything but with some careful packet analysis, the custom PDLMs
we've added have done a great job.  No, I'm not implementing this on
my main upstream connected router, but using NBAR at the customer end
works perfectly well, and the 2620s don't break a CPU sweat at all.

Regards,

Jim Dueltgen
LMi.net