[nsp] how to read router log

Streiner, Justin streiner at stargate.net
Thu Jul 3 10:08:00 EDT 2003

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, James hampton wrote:

> Any one know the command to view the log entries on a router. A show
> log just tells me that it is logging, but not what the messeages are.

Assuming this is an IOS device, "show log" is what you want.  If you're on
the device and it's not showing anything, you may need to add "logging on"
and "logging buffered" to your config.

If the logs are being sent to a syslog server, you can also read the logs
there, assuming your syslog server is configured correctly.

jms