[nsp] Cat6509/MSFC2 hybrid, hw switched multicast forwarding freezes

Matti Saarinen mjs at cc.tut.fi
Fri Jul 4 08:57:59 EDT 2003

Martin Cooper writes:

> <facetious>
> MSFC#conf t
> Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
> MSFC2(config)#no mls ip multicast
> MSFC2(config)#^Z
> MSFC2#
> </facetious>

     I've been using mls ip multicast threshold 10000 instead of no
     mls ip multicast. It would be nicer if the MMLS worked beacuse
     there's a research group connected to the box and they are
     sending a lot of multicast traffic.

> We've found similar MMLS brokenness with Sup2/MSFC2/PFC2 running
> hybrid 6.3(10) / 12.1(13)E3 (we just switched it off to avoid it).

     We were using exactly the same CatOS/IOS combination. From Cisco
     support the only recommendation was to upgrade the sw. Well, the
     sw upgrade did solve a nasty issue with default route not learned
     via OSPF after supervisor switchover.

     I'm planning to convert the box to IOS which might help. We do
     have 6509s running IOS and they don't have the same problem.

     Cheers,

--
- Matti -