[nsp] C7200 Bandwidth Points

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Jul 11 23:09:34 EDT 2003

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 03:12:53PM -0400, Jason Lixfeld wrote:
> VXRs are godly!

They still have a limit of 600 bandwidth points per bus, which can be
reached quite quickly if you have no NPE-G1, two FastEs on the IO board,
and some OC3 interfaces.

I'm personally hoping for a "VXR++" chassis that has no "two busses"
architecture anymore, but something like a crossbar fabric with a
dedictated PCI "bus" per slot... saving PA investments (unlike the 7300)
and still boosting the throughput.

But I think this depends on whether Cisco sales or Cisco tech people
decide.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de