[nsp] MSFC2 Rate Limiting

John Wong, Kok Seng JohnWong at crimsonlogic.com
Sun Jul 13 12:19:34 EDT 2003

Christopher,

Rate-limiting does not work on MSFC VLAN interfaces. I think
it is so because the Cat650x is doing MultiLayer Switching and
thus will bypass the MSFC for MLS packets. What i did was to use
the CatOS QoS policer. Something along the line of :-

#qos
set qos enable
set qos policer aggregate Pol-512K rate 512 burst 256 drop
clear qos acl all
#Acl-FromCustomer
set qos acl ip Acl-FromCustomer dscp 0 aggregate Pol-512K ip XX.XX.XX.XX
YY.YY.YY.YY any
#Acl-ToCustomer
set qos acl ip Acl-ToCustomer dscp 0 aggregate Pol-512K ip any
XX.XX.XX.XX YY.YY.YY.YY
#
commit qos acl all
!
set qos acl map Acl-FromCustomer 6/2
set qos acl map Acl-ToCustomer 6/1

Seems to work for me. But I suggest u read up on the CatOS QoS
commands to figure it out.

Regards,

JohnWong