[nsp] ISDN Disconnects

David A. Lauer dalauer at tristarcorp.net
Sat Jul 12 12:49:45 EDT 2003

I'm having a problem that I believe is ISDN related.

I have a Cisco 5350 IOS v12.2.13(T5) with eight ISDN interfaces.  I have
NFAS setup on fourbi-directional ISDN T1s.

I'm trying to setup a service called ring-too, where we accept our
customers toll free number in on these Ts and then send it back out to
their "ring-too" number (their local offices phone number).

The flow should be something like this;

1. Toll Free number comes inbound through a POTS (TDM inbound)
dial-peer.  This is a direct-inward dial dial-peer

2. The call is then routed out to a Gatekeeper through a VOIP (IP
outbound) dial peer to determine the best GW to use for this route.

	NOTE: This GK is located offnet and was setup in proxy mode
	      It is now in routed mode.  It is based on GnuGK

3. Because this gateway is the best route for the destination number
the gatekeeper sends the call back and is accepted via a VOIP (IP
inbound) dial peer.

4. lastly  there is a outbound POTS dial peer to  send the call to my
carrier, back out an available DS0 in the NFAS group.

It looks like if I have a session open and another call comes in, the
first call will get clobbered (disconnected).  I see errors like this in
my debugs;

        Restart Indicator i = 0x80

        H225_EVENT_RELEASE

        cch323_h225_send_release: Cause = 41

        Cause i = 0x809B - Destination out of order

******************** Config sections **************************

isdn switch-type primary-4ess
!
voice service voip
 fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco
! added because of incompatibility with carriers ISDN
 h323
  h245 caps mode restricted
!
controller T1 3/0
 framing esf
 linecode b8zs
 pri-group timeslots 1-24 nfas_d primary nfas_int 0 nfas_group 1
 no yellow generation
 no yellow detection
!
controller T1 3/1
 framing esf
 linecode b8zs
 pri-group timeslots 1-24 nfas_d backup nfas_int 1 nfas_group 1
 no yellow generation
 no yellow detection
!
controller T1 3/2
 framing esf
 linecode b8zs
 cablelength short 133
 pri-group timeslots 1-24 nfas_d none nfas_int 2 nfas_group 1
 no yellow generation
 no yellow detection
!
controller T1 3/3
 framing esf
 linecode b8zs
 cablelength short 133
 pri-group timeslots 1-24 nfas_d none nfas_int 3 nfas_group 1
 no yellow generation
 no yellow detection
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
 ip address <removed>
 ip access-group 100 in
 duplex full
 speed 100
 no cdp enable
 h323-gateway voip interface
 h323-gateway voip id VMtristarGK ipaddr <removed> 1719
 h323-gateway voip h323-id <removed>
 h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr <removed>
!
interface Serial3/0:23
 no ip address
 isdn switch-type primary-4ess
 isdn incoming-voice modem
 isdn map address .* plan isdn type unknown
 no cdp enable
!
voice-port 3/0:D
 bearer-cap Speech
!
translation-rule 1111111
 Rule 0 8661111111 34343434#19545551212
!
.
.
! Many dial-peers
.
.
!
dial-peer voice 1111111 pots
 description "Ring-Too Customer - TDM inbound"
 incoming called-number 8661111111
 direct-inward-dial
 port 3/0:D
!
dial-peer voice 1111112 voip
 description "Ring-Too Customer - IP outbound"
 destination-pattern 8661111111
 translate-outgoing called 1111111
 session target ras
!
dial-peer voice 1111113 voip
 description "Ring-Too Customer - IP inbound
 incoming called-number 34343434#1.T
 voice-class codec 1
!
dial-peer voice 1111114 pots
 description "Ring-Too Customer - TDM outbound
 destination-pattern 34343434#1.T
 port 3/0:D
!
.
.
! Many dial-peers
.
.
!
gateway
!
!

I have extensive debug traces if you are interested in seeing  them.

I hope you can offer  some tips.

--
David A. Lauer
Network Engineer