[nsp] PPPoE over an IEEE 802.1Q VLAN

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Jul 15 18:06:46 EDT 2003

Yeah...I was surprised (the hard way as usual) when I tried moving a DSLAM
from a dedicated PA-4E port to an ISL VLAN on a 2924xlen.  I figured cisco
perfers their proprietary ISL, and though the router would let me
configure pppoe enable on an ISL sub-int, pppoe wouldn't actually work
until I switched from ISL to dot1q.