[nsp] BGP tweaking possibility

Charles Sprickman spork at inch.com
Wed Jul 16 00:11:08 EDT 2003

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Gerald wrote:

> I have a 2 Mb commit for one Internet connection and I would like to send
> my first 2 Mb of traffic out that line and the rest out another
> connection.

You won't be able to be that exact...

> What is the best way to go about doing this?

I know one of those providers will let you tweak things with communities
in a very fine-grained fashion.  I would have a look at perhaps just
taking routes from their direct peers and ignoring their transit
connections.  This could also possibly net you a discount if you promise
not to use their transit at all.

That's just an idea.  Don't ask me how to set any of that up as I've never
touched communities.  Not that I don't want to or anything...

Charles