[nsp] CISCO Access-List

joshua sahala joshua.ej.smith at usa.net
Wed Jul 16 20:48:34 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 10:20, Victor M. Acosta wrote:
> I have Redhat Enterprise and I am wondering if some one knows
> how to create an access-list so the servers can go ahead and go
> to the RHN and get the updates. I guess what I need is just the
> port and then how to add it. Is this a regular access-list entrie?
> Thanks.

ymmv, but i have found that the following works for my redhat boxes:

permit tcp any eq www my.server.ip.address m.a.s.k
permit tcp any eq 443 my.server.ip.address m.a.s.k

you can just add a log statement and do an up2date on your redhat
boxes and see what is blocked, then permit those that belong to rehat
:)

/joshua