[nsp] 12.3.(1)a (Router Lockup Edition)

Darren Smith data at barrysworld.com
Thu Jul 17 20:40:48 EDT 2003

Hi folks

I've been trying to find an update to my Cisco 7401's (currently on 12.2(14)S2) however
unless in my current sleep deprived state I've missed something on the Cisco Website, as
it seems to be telling me to use Cisco IOS 12.3(1)a instead of a new 12.2 build.

I tried IOS 12.3(1)a earlier today and everything worked fine for approximately 2 hours,
afterwhich all my routers started locking up one by one!

When I mean lockup, i mean, stops forwarding traffic, stops forwarding icmp and even (wait
for it) stops responding on the console port!

Has anyone had anything similar? Or am I just lucky?

Best Regards

Darren Smith
Game Digital Ltd