[nsp] "sh proc cpu" granularity

Charles Sprickman spork at inch.com
Thu Jul 17 18:27:05 EDT 2003

Howdy,

After having gone access-list crazy last night, I see that one of the
routers has started chewing more cpu.  This is expected, and I actually
like the idea of the "infrastructure filtering", so I'd like to keep this
after I upgrade.

This started me wondering though, how do I see how some of the features
that don't have process entries (like ACLs) are affecting CPU and/or
memory usage?  It seems that a whole mess of stuff gets lumped into "IP
Input"...

Also, I once tried compiled access lists on this particular router and saw
cpu dip down quite a bit.  Sadly, it also started randomly filtering
things it shouldn't.  In general, is this a stable feature?  I'm stuck in
the 12.2T train right now.

Thanks,

Charles

--