[nsp] NM-2FE2W Support?

Simon McCartney simon at asidua.com
Fri Jul 18 13:24:32 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 12:29:20PM +0200, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:
> Simonm
>
> > Does anybody know why the NM-2FE2W is such a pain to find images for?
> >
> > I have two 3640's and decided to bring them both on to the same IOS
> > release afer ther the recent vunerabilty, I went for 12.1.20(GD)
> > c3640-io3s56i-mz.121-20.bin, which runs fine in one router (NM-1E2W &
> > NM-4E), but doesn't support the 2FE2W module.
> >

> > So it looks like the only image that support the NM-2FE2W and isn't
> > vuln is  12.3(1).  Grrrr.
>
> No, how did you come to this conclusion? The NM-2FE2W is supported on
> the 3640 in the following IOS trains: 12.1T, 12.2, 12.2T, 12.3 (and some
> others, see CCO).

By not reading the HW Support Matrix properly & jumping to conclusions,
sorry, mea culpa.

Is there any chance of Cisco merging the HW Matrix & the IOS Upgrade
planner?  Or even allowing you to keep router profiles in your CCO account,
so that you can easily pull up the latest & greatest available for your
config?  Or is just me that finds winding through the tables a real pain?

Regards,

Simon.

-simonm (E: simon at asidua.com W: +44 28 9072 5060 M: +44 7710 836915)
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity