[nsp] Holy crap!

Stacy J. Brandenburg sbranden at redhat.com
Fri Jul 18 11:59:54 EDT 2003

I have also seen this with the MSFC2s in failover.  I run single router
mode and when a failover is forced, it takes a quite a few seconds for
the FlexWANs to reinitialize.  This can be seen through the logging from
the switch as well.

I recently updated to 12.1(13)E9.  When I upgraded, the config for two
OC3's was lost, but my DS3 configs remained.  I have a one of each on
each of two blades.  That was very odd I thought.  Anyone see that one
before?

Looking at the config showed the interfaces, but they were shutdown and
all IP/settings were lost.  Again the DS3's were just fine.

BTW when you failover and the FlewWANs reinitialize, it does kill BGP
and all sessions need to restart as well from what I have seen.  Kind of
a pisser for wanting stateful failovers....