[nsp] Holy crap!

Iva Cabric ivac+cisco-nsp at mail.iskon.hr
Fri Jul 18 11:16:01 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 12:06:42AM -0700, Christopher J. Wolff wrote:
> Hello again :)
>
> I hope I'm not seeing things but something very odd just happened.
>
> I installed (C6MSFC2-PSV-M), Version 12.1(19)E1.  When I reloaded the
> router there were no Flexwan/DS3/DS1 interfaces.  So I'm getting ready
> to back-rev to a version I know works, when all of a sudden my pager
> goes off and says all of the Serial lines are back up.  I look at the
> running config and the serial interfaces are back in there.
>
> Is it possible that flexwan initialization is delayed several minutes
> after a reload?

It surely is delayed, but for how long it probably depends on switch
configuration (number of modules...) and IOS configuration.

I am testing new Sup720, and when I boot 6500 (only Sup720 and FlexWAN are
inside) with empty startup configuration, FlexWAN becomes active after 90
seconds:

00:01:26: %DIAG-SP-6-RUN_MINIMUM: Module 1: Running Minimum Diagnostics...
00:01:26: %DIAG-SP-6-DIAG_OK: Module 1: Passed Online Diagnostics
00:01:27: %OIR-SP-6-INSCARD: Card inserted in slot 1, interfaces are now online