[nsp] 12.3.(1)a (Router Lockup Edition)

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Fri Jul 18 13:46:20 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 06:10:52PM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 12:00:07PM -0400, jlewis at lewis.org wrote:
> > Is there a fixed successor to c7200-js-mz.121-5.T12.bin that I can get
> > from somewhere yet??
>
> What's wrong with going to 12.2(17a) main line?  If you're happy with
> 12.1T, 12.2 should have all the features you need but less bugs...

I had some issues with PPP over T1s that have kept me from going beyond
12.1 - probably not so much issues themselves as my failure to
understand the changes.  If I can remember... had something to do with
PPP not working over a serial (T1) interface without having an
associated virtual interface defined (and each PPP connection
consuming a virtual interface); and another problem with
per-destination load balancing.  I suppose I know how to deal with the
latter; perhaps the former is new correct behaviour but I have not
been able to find anything about it.

We're running 12.1(5)T12 also.  I note that the matrix at
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/cisco-sa-20030717-blocked.shtml
suggests going to 12.1(5)T15 but it's also marked as unavailable except
by request.

mm