[nsp] Re: 2621 keeps freezing

Steve Rude steve at skyriver.net
Thu Jul 24 12:46:41 EDT 2003

Do you have CEF turned on?  CEF will drop CPU load significantly.

In your acl's do you have the log statement?  Every time you have a
packet hit the log statement, it will cause CPU cycles.

Can you log into the router console when it freezes?

I have several 2621's with 4 T1's running about 3-4 Mbps peak in a
Multilink bundle, and relatively small acls and I've never had a problem
with freezing.  CPU runs about 40-60 percent at peak times.

I run 12.2(8)T10, you might want to give that a shot.

Good luck,

--steve