[nsp] MLS on multiple 6500 with MSFC

Vandy Hamidi vandy.hamidi at markettools.com
Thu Jul 24 20:11:32 EDT 2003

I know that by default a 6500 has MLS running between it and it's MSFC (on the sup).

Didn't see how it's configured on the MSFC as the msfc shows it's disabled:

msfc1#sh mls rp
ip multilayer switching is globally disabled
ipx multilayer switching is globally disabled
ipx mls inbound acl override is globally disabled
mls id is 00d0.d99f.de9a
mls ip address 0.0.0.0
mls ip flow mask is unknown
mls ipx flow mask is unknown
number of domains configured for mls 0

I know it's working since "show mls entry" diplays a bunch of MLS destination cache.

To the problem:
If I have:
	Two 6500's (each with MSFC's)
	Trunked together running HSRP
	(MSFC on switch 1 priority for IPs)

How can I get Switch 2 to MLS with MSFC on switch sup 1 or vice-versa?

Thanks in advanced,

	-=Vandy=-