[nsp] TACACS / ACE Server timeouts

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Mon Jul 21 23:50:51 EDT 2003

I have seen this behavior under two conditions:
  a) The network is seriously degraded and is having problems reaching the
TACACS server
  b) The TACACS server is malfunctioning or slow to respond

I would enable the follow debug commands on one of your routers and while
the problem is happening.

debug tacacs events
debug aaa authentication