[nsp] ATA-186's back to back?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Jul 29 13:49:09 EDT 2003

	The ATA-186 is a FXS interface.

	You can not connect them back-to-back.  If you are attempting
to do hook them together, you need opposing types.

	Something like FXS on the ata-186 to a FXO interface on some
other device.  I don't believe that Cisco makes anything that supports
SIP (for example) other than their IOS based routers (26xx,36xx)

	You need a NM-1V or NM-2V as well as the VIC-FXO (or VIC-2-FXO)
to connect to an ATA-186.

	- Jared