[nsp] ATA-186's back to back?

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Tue Jul 29 11:58:01 EDT 2003

Nope it's still the same problem an FXS device can not go 'off hook'.  Nor
can it detect ringing.  It detects off hook and generates ringing, in fact
connetign the analogue ports of two ATA's might fry out one or the other if
they were to ring.

--On Tuesday, July 29, 2003 12:47 -0400 "Temkin, David" <temkin at sig.com>
wrote:

> Actually, both sides are "stations", so FXS will be fine on both sides
> (this will be functioning as a "trunk" between two phone systems, not a
> CO->Phone type setup).  So, in that case, is it possible to do it?

Michael Loftis
Modwest Sr. Systems Administrator
Powerful, Affordable Web Hosting