[nsp] 12.2T vs 12.3

George Stylianou georges at is.co.za
Wed Jul 30 14:00:50 EDT 2003

Speaking of 12.2T, 12.2(14)S and 12.3

Anyone had any issues moving from 12.2T to either one of the above?

We tried on a 7206 npe-400 with PA-A3-T3 & PA-8T-X21= and had to regress
to 12.2T

We immediately saw a lot of input errors, ignored packets and input
drops on the FE. I tried switching to the second FE and got the same
result. This was with both 12.2S and 12.3

I have a case open for it at the moment but havent got any constructive
feedback yet, just that the cards arent supported. Im not sure what they
mean by that as the hardware/software matrix says 12.2S has support for
the cards and the npe-400.

We are also running 12.2(14)s on numerous other 7200's npe-300/400/nse-1
and havent had the same issue.

Anyone had a similar experience?

regards
George