[nsp] "sh run" give me "Unable to read Configuration.Try Aga in later" HELP!

Raymond, Steven steven_raymond at eli.net
Wed Jul 30 09:53:42 EDT 2003

Does "show mem summ" &/or "conf t" work?

If I recall correctly, I saw this problem after an RSP had run completely
out of memory (but was still forwarding packets).  One way to free up memory
on a 7500 is to temporarily disable dCEF (if enabled) with "no ip cef
distributed".  Note you can't do this on a GSR!  And it will degrade the
switching performance to the next slower path, so be careful on a
heavily-loaded router.