[nsp] Continuos Ping from Interface to Interface

rpcbind at speakeasy.net rpcbind at speakeasy.net
Wed Jul 30 11:41:01 EDT 2003

NTP peering between point-to-point interfaces is always an easy way of
watching overall latency (sh ntp assoc). If you want to get more involved,
search cisco's site for 'SAA', though I've never found it very useful without
spending some time scripting data collection and such (though once this is
done, its great).

For your specific problem, despite problems on larger platforms, using nbar to
break out protocol stats would probably be a good start. However on a 1720,
you'll have to go up to 12.2T or 12.3 for the functionality.

If you really do just want to do pings, just enable and use the extended ping
('# ping'), where you can fire off as many pings as you want and check the
data at the end (marginally usefull, but you asked...)