[nsp] 12.2T vs 12.3

Charles Sprickman spork at inch.com
Wed Jul 30 18:13:15 EDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Gert Doering wrote:

> If 12.2S does what you need (haven't checked), I'd go for that.
>
> 12.2(14)S1 and up have the fix for the input-stuck bug, and have been
> *extremely* well-behaved for everybody I've spoken to (except Jared, who
> has broken counters on CT3 interfaces, but everything else is working).

Excellent.  I'm giving up on option 82 support in DHCP.  It's not enough
of a plus to bet the farm on.  If the IOS side-by-side comparison tool is
correct, it should work; I was surprised to see RBE supported.  Also CEF
for inter-vlan switching is in there (for 802.1q VLANs). That is very good
news.  And I have no CT3 cards.  In general I do need snmp counters to
work; aside from the CT3 problem, do they?

Any word on whether compiled access lists work reliably?

Thanks,

Charles