[nsp] Filter-Id for AS5300

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.ug
Thu Jul 31 11:15:55 EDT 2003

Srdjan Simic wrote:
>    We had the same problem. sh run did not show acl, but sh
> access-list did, and besides the name there was "(per-user)". This
> was with IOS 12.2(8)T and C3640. We were in big trouble, because we
> could not save the config. After first lookups, it seems that, when
> the router boots, everything is ok. When the first user comes and
> requests a filter set, that filter set is removed from running
> config. We switched to other IOS and that solved the problem.
> Currently we are on 12.3(1a) but we also tried 12.2(17a) and 12.2(7a)
> .and
>

>    Srdjan

Interesting.

So you say that after a reboot [I haven't yet tried], the configuration
remains intact [albeit invisible], and that the named access list will work
even when it doesn't show up in the running configuration.

Well, I am running 12.3(1a) too, but I am exhibiting this problem. I never
tried using this named access list on my previous IOS, so I can't really say
whether the problem is with 12.3.

Regards,

Mark Tinka - CCNA
Network Engineer, Africa Online Uganda