[nsp] VPN Logging

Jim Devane jim at powerpulse.cc
Thu Jul 31 11:59:21 EDT 2003

            All,

I am trying to get better logging/reporting of VPN clients. All clients
are 3.6 and all are connecting to a single PIX 515. I am using Xauth and
Cisco ACS.

Everything works just fine, I am wanting more ( of course) I would like
a way to easily be able to show how long a particular user has been
VPN'd in.

If I look under "Passed Authentications" it shows a start time etc.all
the info that I need but I need a way to capture the tunnel teardown as
well so I can derive how long the user was connected.

Any ideas on how to do this either in ACS or the PIX? Are there other
solutions? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim