[nsp] gre tunnel using loopback for source

Eric Richard Knudson III eric.knudson at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 2 18:32:23 EDT 2003

Pete,

Yeah, gre tunnels don't reflect an accurate status, I think I've seen
them come up as soon as a valid source address was configured. You'll
need gre keepalives to provide a mechanism to change the interface
status:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft
/122t/122t8/grekpliv.htm

Eric