[nsp] IOS and CatOS on the same switch?

Matti Saarinen mjs at cc.tut.fi
Tue Jun 3 09:28:17 EDT 2003

"Temkin, David" <temkin at sig.com> writes:

> Has anyone ever set up a switch (or is it possible to...) to boot a
> switch into IOS via a PCMCIA flash card for testing purposes, and
> then reboot it off the internal flash back to CatOS to bring it back
> into production?

     You didn't specify the type of switch you are using. If you are
     using Cat6500 you can't boot it to IOS (and config the switch
     while it runs IOS) and the back to CatOS without losing the
     configuration. If you can cope with this I think you can do a
     test boot and the download the CatOS config back. Never tried it
     myself, though.

     Cheers,

--
- Matti -