[nsp] intermitten ping lags on 7500/rsp4/256M

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Jun 13 00:49:52 EDT 2003

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, lexus wrote:

> Scotty,
>
> Yes, I forgot to mention that the BGP scanner is taking up mucho cpu
> power.  Anyone tried or know of a stable IOS image that runs BGP/OSPF
> stable.  All I need is IP, as we only deal with IP.

This shouldn't be an issue unless ping times to your routers are of great
importance.  If you pick some host on the other side of the router and
ping _through_ the router to that host, you'll probably see constant ping
times.  i.e. if I ping my 7513, I get a jump to around 200ms every 60
seconds for a few seconds...but if I ping through it to www.noc.uu.net, I
get pretty much constant 30-32ms.

--- www.noc.uu.net ping statistics ---
242 packets transmitted, 242 received, 0% loss, time 243352ms