[nsp] IP CEF on AS5350

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Jun 13 09:45:26 EDT 2003

> We are running a few AS5350 access-servers for our dial-up PSTN/ISDN
> customers. Enabling IP CEF on the AS5350 (it is enabled by default),
> saturates the CPU (99% proc cpu) when there are about 100 connectionw
> on the AS5350. Disabling IP CEF everythning is back to normal. The
> IOS that the Access servers are ryunning is is-mz.21-5.XM8
>
> CAn you please advice?

Which process is eating up the CPU? Can u post a "show proc cpu |
exclude 0.00" as well as an "show ver" and "show align" when the problem
happens?

It could be CSCds63384, not sure until I see "show ver" and "show
align"..

You might also want to upgrade to a more recent IOS release, I'd
recommend 12.2(2)XB11, but make sure you do some lab-tests before you
upgrade as the PPP and AAA code is much differnt in 12.2T/12.2XB
compared to previous versions...

	oli