[nsp] intermitten ping lags on 7500/rsp4/256M

Kevin Welch kevinw at iserv.net
Fri Jun 13 11:13:03 EDT 2003

Hi.  Been reading this list for the last day or so and thought I would
chime in on this.

You can use the 'scheduler allocate' command to tell the router to give
more CPU time to lower priority tasks.  This is handy for ensuring that
the console remains interactive and not sluggish during DoS attacks and
should somewhat help keep ping responses more stable if that is
important for your network monitoring tools.

Kevin Welch                     kevinw at iserv.net
Network Engineer                The Iserv Company
Desk Ph: 616.493.0577       Cell Ph: 616.437.3861