[nsp] HSRP

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Jun 20 11:12:19 EDT 2003

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 05:09:44PM -0400, k. scott bethke wrote:
> Has anyone noticed really strange issues with HSRP on dot1q based Vlan
> interfaces using extreme networks gear as the switches?  I used to run a

older extremeware versions had really weird ideas about multicast packets.

"Hey, this is multicast.  There was something special about it.  But
nobody told me what this is.  So just drop packets every now and then".

We had lots of fun with EIGRP adjacencies flapping between two Ciscos
connected via an extreme summit switch (EIGRP uses multicast as well).
Went away after upgrading to the most recent extreme software.

<insert appropriate rant here>

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de