[nsp] Total PVC's per router ..

Charles Hardin chardin at centurytel.net
Tue Mar 11 22:21:37 EST 2003

Hi,

We're currently running trial tests for PPPoE connectivity strictly off an
ATM DS3 port on a 7206VXR 400. So far, we're hitting the 200 subscriber
mark and running around 2% on CPU processes. The max VC's per DS3 port, so
we've been told, is at 4k. This box will supposedly support "TWO" ATM DS3's
with a max total of 8k active VC's. We hope to run up our subscriber totals
on this box and test its performance. Based on how this box preforms, we
may be tempted to trial the NPE-G1 in the near future for PPPoE
termination. We use Redbacks currently for all production ADSL PPPoE
service nodes we manage.

Thanks,
Charles