[nsp] PPPoE xDSL Termination Benefits? (was Total PVC's per router ..)

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Tue Mar 11 21:02:44 EST 2003

I've personally always had a hard time understanding what the benefits are
of using PPPoE for xDSL connectivity.

Anyoen care to elaborate on why one would prefer that over say static IPs
or DHCP or say routed?

I know I probably sound like a bumpkin asking, but I really would like to
know.  If you feel it's off-topic feel free to respond directly to me
off-list.  If there is interest I will summarize provided there are no
objections.

--On Tuesday, March 11, 2003 10:21 PM -0600 Charles Hardin