[nsp] Limit packet rate

Volodymyr Yakovenko vovik at dumpty.org
Wed Mar 19 19:03:04 EST 2003

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 12:48:55PM +0200, Volodymyr Yakovenko wrote:
>On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 01:13:44PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>is there a way to limit the packet rate?  I can't find a direct way to
>>configure this, and the indirect one I have in mind (limit the
>>bandwidth used by small packets) doesn't seem to be available, either.
>>Any other ideas?

[ all talks about routers skeeped ]

Take a look at 'storm-control' Catalyst's future:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps637/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007e838.html#xtocid5

it partly implements what you asked - provides rate adjustment on arriving
packets.

--
Regards,
Volodymyr.