[nsp] per packet load balancing solution.

jamhampton at toast.net jamhampton at toast.net
Wed Mar 26 16:05:28 EST 2003

WE have three routers connected via T1 serial links in a triangle,( a core router and two access routers) we are currently using ospf so that the link between the two access routers only comes up if either of the access routers loses its connection to the core router. I have been asked to set up per packet load sharing on one of the access routers, I don´t think this is possible with ospf when the two links have different costs?? What is the best way to accomplish this? Im thinking 1) get rid of ospf, use static or floating static routes. 2) use EIGRP unequal cost load balance and redistribute into ospf. Any suggestions?
Thanks

James Hampton, CCNP
Network Technician.
Service Spring Corp