[nsp] per packet load balancing solution.

Marcus Keane mkeane at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 26 15:20:54 EST 2003

James,

You can do this by setting the costs explicitly on the interfaces so that the aggregate cost to the hub for one access router is the same between the direct route to the hub and through the other access router to the hub.

Not sure what you mean with the redistribution of EIGRP into OSPF. If you just use EIGRP you can load-share but it won't be equally over the two paths. However, if you are familiar with OSPF, I would stick with it and not go down the EIGRP road.

I don't think per-packet load-balancing is a good idea, especially in this topology. Do you particularly need it to be this finely balanced?
Hope this helps.
Marcus.