[nsp] 12.2.14S issues

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Mar 26 17:11:15 EST 2003

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Hank Nussbacher wrote:

> > I'm running this version now on a 7513 and a pair of 7206's and have run
> > into a couple of issues.
> >
> > 1) policy routing (setting the output interface based on an IP extended
> > access-list in a route-map) doesn't appear to work on the 7513.Traffic
> > stillgoes out via whichever interface is appropriate based on the routing
> > table (this router has full BGP routes).I'm trying to force packets from
> > 2 source addresses out via a particular transit provider.
>
> Seen this often.  Try using numbered acls rather than named acls.  Just
> might do the trick.  Let me know.

I'm familiar with that issue.  By IP extended access-list, I meant:

(config)#access-list ?
  <2000-2699>       IP extended access list (expanded range)

While looking at this again just now, I solved it.  I hope this isn't a
stupid question, but what's the difference (to the router) between using
set interface vs set ip next-hop in the route-map?  The latter appears to
work.