[nsp] Core and edge

Chris Whyte cwhyte at microsoft.com
Mon Mar 31 15:33:27 EST 2003

This is a very good question and, imho, can only be answered by going
through the following process:

(Assuming you haven't) Define some guiding principles (in detail) that
should help you in *any* decision-making process. These principles
should be reflection of your group's philosophy and ideas on how you
define things like: simple, complex, flexible, etc. Clearly, your
definitions will often vary from others. These principles should also
reflect your business objectives and org structure. Take this
information and apply it to how you design, build and run a network and
I think the answer to your question becomes more self-evident.

There's more stuff that applies but hopefully you get an idea of what
I'm trying to say. The point being, the answer I come to might be
different than the answer you come to because we likely have varying
objectives, definitions and ideas on how to design, build and run a
network.

Thanks,

Chris