[nsp] Terminating ADSLs via ATM PVCs on Cat5000 vs on 7200

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue May 6 10:37:52 EDT 2003

Hi,

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 09:13:44AM +0300, Matti Saarinen wrote:
>      Do you mean that I should configure a bridge group to which I
>      should add all the ATM subinterfaces and an dot1q-tagged fast
>      ethernet subinterface all of which belong to same subnet (and
>      therefore to same VLAN)? With this configuration I should be able
>      to bind a group of ATM PVCs and an ethernet VLAN together?

We do that to get IPv6 to the ATM PVC customers - create a bridge-group
per PVC, and bridge between PVC, BVI (for IPv4 routing) and FastE0/6.x
(VLAN trunk to a Cat5500).

Works, but is ugly as hell - three different interfaces to be configured
per customer.

I'm waiting for 12.2(17)S (or whatever it's called) to show up to switch
to IPv6 ATM RBE, and clean up this ugliness.

> At the
>      same time I would be able to keep the routing on some other
>      router? I think this setup would kill the old 7206 (non-VXR with
>      NPE-150...) I was planning to use.

Depends on the amount of interfaces and traffic level...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de