[nsp] Re: 12.0(25)S on 7500 platform

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu May 8 14:59:59 EDT 2003

> I had 12.0(25.1)S built for a BGP MED bugfix. I installed it on a
> core GSR and the result is: it does not send BGP withdraws !!!! I
> also had it on a VXR and the result is: reboot every 8 hours by BUS
> error !!! So my recommendation would be: AVOID IT. Assumed of course
> 25.1S and 25.S were built on the same base-IOS....

12.0(25.1)S is much different compared to 12.0(25)S as it already
contains new features, and is totally untested. 12.0S interims releases
(e.g 12.0(x.y)S) should be used with great care.

My customer currently runs 25S on GSR in a limited deployment (no
reported issues), and I know of another large customer testing it
(successfully so far).

	oli