[nsp] Cisco part numbers

Clinton Work work at scripty.com
Thu May 8 09:45:19 EDT 2003

Does anyone know of a database which will translate internal Cisco
part numbers (73-1556-07) into the orderable part numbers (PA-4E). I'm
trying to inventory some of our spare equipment and the older parts
don't have the orderable part numbers labeled on them. I know the
Cisco equipment well enough that I can quickly figure out the part number,
but not everyone is as familiar with the product lines. When doing a
large inventory its not practical to look at each part.

Port adapater example:
	PCA: 73-1790-04 Rev A0
	Serial: 0971619
	Mainboard: 800-02690-01

I'm aware of the following tool to lookup serial numbers to get the
part number, but it looks like it only works for parts registered properly
under a contract.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/front.x/scccibdispatch?AppName=ContractAgent&Fo

Thanks.

Clinton Work                                        clinton at scripty.com