[nsp] Cisco part numbers

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu May 8 12:07:55 EDT 2003

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 08:45:19AM -0600, Clinton Work wrote:

> Does anyone know of a database which will translate internal Cisco
> part numbers (73-1556-07) into the orderable part numbers (PA-4E). I'm
> trying to inventory some of our spare equipment and the older parts
> don't have the orderable part numbers labeled on them. I know the
> Cisco equipment well enough that I can quickly figure out the part number,
> but not everyone is as familiar with the product lines. When doing a
> large inventory its not practical to look at each part.
>
> Port adapater example:
> 	PCA: 73-1790-04 Rev A0
> 	Serial: 0971619
> 	Mainboard: 800-02690-01

	If you have a spare 7500 w/ a VIP available,
recent versions of software translate this into a FRU.

	eg:

        PA Bay 0 Information:
                2CT3+ single wide PA, 2 ports, FRU: PA-MC-2T3+
                EEPROM format version 1
                HW rev 1.00, Board revision A0
                Serial number: 1  Part number: 73-3388-03

        --Boot log begin--

	They don't seem to have done this yet for the 7200 software,
i'm not quite sure why.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net