[nsp] 7200 NPE-G1 and GE performance

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri May 16 12:58:59 EDT 2003

Hi,

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 07:52:19AM -0700, Simon Hamilton-Wilkes wrote:
> Yes the 3 on the NPE and the 1 on the GE I/O board are off the backplane.

You're sure about the IO board being independent?

On the "classic" NPEs, the IO board shares a PCI bus with PA slots 1+3+5.

If this is true, it would be good news (we have a NPE-G1 with an IO
board with 2FE on it...).

[Yes, I know that the box will not run all of it on wire-speed - it
doesn't need to, but I do not want to unneccessarily oversubscribe the
buses either]

regards,

gert
--
Gert Doering
Mobile communications ... right now writing from * RIPE45 Barcelona *