[nsp] Disaster Recovery

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri May 16 21:24:47 EDT 2003

Hi,

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 06:15:17PM +0200, Roberto Paoletti wrote:
> I'd like to have some questions:
>
> -         Business Continuity------Disaster Recovery
>
> To guarantee business continuity in a data center  you 'll let the core
> in a only room or divide the core in a different rooms/floors?
> Can someone help me for ideas,documents or link?

Well, it all depends on the amount of money you want to invest.

Basic things are redundant routers, cabling (make sure no two lines that
form a redundancy group run in parallel along the same duct, for example),
redundant power supplies connected to redundant UPSes, and so on.

To be redundant against less likely failures - fire, floods, earthquakes
- you can move the redundant router & server & disks to a second building,
but that'll be expensive, of course...

gert
--
Gert Doering
Mobile communications ... right now writing from * RIPE45 Barcelona *